Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gaming: Highly Anticipated Games


 


So, I've been playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid 4 Lately and It's gotten me to thinking about future games that're coming up. So I decided I would throw together a little list and give my impressions on each one, a couple screen-shots, all that. 


Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII Collection - Square Enix


That was a mouthful. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the three announced, one leaked, and two rumoured titles in this collection. Final Fantasy XII looks gorgeous, it's battle system looks very interesting. It's sort of like... From what I've heard, you see the monsters on the map, but when you approach them in real time and completely seamless, you jump in to a battle with them. So it's like taking Final Fantasy X's battle system and Final Fantasy XII's real-time and smashing them together. 


Jump past the break for screens of Final Fantasy XIII and the other games in The Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII Collection.



As usual, click to enlarge!




 



Final Fantasy Versus XIII looks interesting as well. I'm curious to see how this game will turn out. I haven't been following it too closely, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. It's supposed to be more action oriented than FFXIII




 



Final Fantasy Agito XIII was originally planned for Mobile Phones but has now been moved to the PSP. (Yay! People outside Japan get to play it!) It takes place in a school with several students making up the main cast, a boy with cards is the main character, and it's supposed to have a multi-character battle system using Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core's Battle System. 




 


Square Enix also copyrighted Final Fantasy Haerisis XIII in Japan and North America. But nothing else has been leaked. 


There's also rumours of there being six games in total in the collection because of a logo that has been published with six circles. Whether it's stylistic or actually has meaning, I don't know. But I'd be excited for six games total. =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment