Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gaming: Soul Calibur IV


 


So, I haven't really mention it before, but I'm a gamer. I'm a nerdy gamer. I follow gaming blogs, I get excited for games I like, I go to my 24 Hour Wal-Mart at midnight to buy new games and get mad when the 60 year old lady who has no clue what a Playstation 3 is can't find the game I want. 


Anyway, I picked up Soul Calibur IV this weekend. A friend of mine had bought it last week when it released and I was on the fence about it. Not that I didn't want to buy it. It's just, I didn't know if I wanted to spend my last few bucks on it before my next cheque came in. 


He brought it over, we played. I still kicked his ass with Ivy and I was sold. The graphics have taken a fantastic leap from the previous games, the new characters are a welcome addition and the older characters have had new moves implemented while a few classic moves are brought back. 


The game does have a couple downfalls. While the new Critical Finish feature is very flashy and downright depressing when it does happen to you, it has to happen first. Most battles go by so quickly with Soul Calibur that this method won't get used a lot unless you encounter that one person who constantly blocks. 


I also found the story mode very short and kinda boring. It's five rounds, you usually fight three or four people per round. One character and one to three more randomly generated custom characters. I found even the hard mode for it easy and was hoping for something a little more... fleshed out. I mean, they have 50GBs worth of storage on a Blu-Ray disc. (You 360ers can handle disc swapping, can't ya? Yeah, you can. :P) 


But what I bought the game for is very good. Multiplayer kicks ass in this installment. There's no mandatory install, which is nice, but there is the option available to cut loading times. Sweet. Why wouldn't you do it? 


So, overall I really like Soul Calibur IV and it's well worth the money. I'm definitely going to be playing, so if you're a PS3 owner and you've picked it up, gimme an add on the PSN and we'll duke it out. (PSN ID = EmWy)


 


(Oh, By the way, who else noticed that Ivy's tits are now bigger than her head? Your tits are too big when you have to coin the term undercleavage to describe them!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment